Oh my god, you guys. These Extraordinary Foods Kale Chips are highly addictive, gluten-free, paleo, vegan, ABSOLUTELY delicious and they’re made in Australia! What more could you want?
We discovered this product at the Cruelty Free Festival in October last year and ever since finding out that the Cruelty Free Shop in Glebe stocks these, we keep going back for MOAR!
The founders of Extraordinary Foods were originally from Moscow but they moved to the U.S. where they adopted the healthy lifestyle and a love for nourishing foods. Fast forward to when they moved to Australia in 2012 where they realised the lack of variety we have when it came to tasty and healthy food and that’s how Extraordinary Foods was founded.
- The kale used is organic and sourced from a local farmer in the Northern Rivers region in New South Wales
- All their products are handmade
- The kitchen where all the magic happens is located in Byron Bay
- Instead of baking their kale, they dehydrate it at 46°C for 15 hours to preserve all the nutrients and vitamins in the kale
- The kale chips come in 3 godly flavours
- They also make salad ‘sprinkles’ (aptly titled Pimp My Salad) which you can add to everything you like!
If you come across this product in stores, I seriously urge you to try it! We bought our’s at the Cruelty Free Shop for $8.45 AUD but you can also get it online from the official website where you can buy them in bulk and save yourself some dollars! Otherwise, a quick Google around will help you find other online stores that stock these products.
Chris prefers the Cashew & Vegan Cheese flavoured ones over this flavour but I say they’re equally as good as each other. They’re so addictive!